Monday 6 February 2006

It's the Superbowwwwwl

I don't really know how to write that title and make it sound like it's 'meant to'. You definitely have to hold the 'ow' sound for quite a while and do some sort of 'bring it on' type hand/full body movement depending on if you're seated or standing. According my flatmate who's American that is. I definitely learnt how to do it last night.

So as probably only some of you reading this blog know, the Superbowl (apparently some sort of American thing about a football...??) was on last night. Started at 1:30am Israel-time. So we 'pre-gamed' (read: vodka, tequila, and dragons breath shots) at the flat - this is my two flatmates (one American, one Canadian), a friend from Australia who's staying with me for a couple of days, and me - then figured that if we got out at about 11pm we'd definitely be in fine spirits for the game.

Unfortunately the first place we went to (Mike's Place - and yes we were trying to be American) didn't serve the wings that we were planning on getting. My American flatmate seemed to think that the order of priority was
1. Superbowl,
2. Chicken Wings.
Clearly I didn't agree, so we went to different place (Egon) that had a Haloumi Salad so of course I was pacified. So we had some fun in the pre-event cheer etc, much like the build up to a big Australian game I guess but there were more Americans (even though some of them though it was amusing to do the Aussie Aussie Aussie chant... hmmm...) and less beer.

Or less people actually managing to finish their beers.

As the irony of the situation would have it, we had to transport certain under-the-weather members of our little party home at pretty much exactly the same time as the Superbowl was starting. So we didn't actually see any of the game. Apart from the bit where every MVP in American Sport history EVER (well that's what it seemed like to me) walked in in a suit. Rivetting.

We tried to find some way to watch it online but apparently you can't actually do everything on the internet yet. So really... all worked out pretty perfectly for me... fun night... didn't have to watch sport!

Till next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lan said...

you're doing well don't worry dude :)

2:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BestBuy Electronics
BestBuy