Saturday 8 July 2006

Checklist for the beach

Today I went to the beach at Akko with my family from Nahariyah. Maybe this is just my family, but let's take a look at some possible checklists of what one should take to the beach in different countries...

Australia:

- towel
- sunblock
- water
- combination of the following: music, snack book, ciggies, maybe some sort of sporting equipment like a ball
- beer

England:

Haha

New Zealand:

Probably similar to Australia

Israel:

- towels
- blankets
- chairs - one per person
- umbrella - one per person
- tables (!!!)
- full meal in 5 eskys
- dessert - obviously
- plates, cutlery, serviettes, cups
- 2L (chilled) water per person
- juice
- beer
- sunblock (assortment of SPF's ... ranging from literally baby oil to 45+)
- aloe vera for after you get burnt but aren't ready to leave yet
- nargila
- bats and balls
- change of clothes

Like... seriously... wtf?? We had to make THREE trips from the car! And then once we had it all set up, someone decided our location was no good, so we moved EVERYTHING, including the table that was by then set up with a full buffet style meal. I seriously could have survived in the wild for a month with all the stuff that they brought!

Dunno what my point here is... I just make observations that I think are at least vaguely amusing - I don't think I'm qualified to start analysing them just yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BestBuy Electronics
BestBuy