Saturday 1 September 2007

Random observations on a Saturday morning

- One of my flatmates is currently moving out and I think she's stolen some of my wine glasses. And quite possibly my kettle. Looks like a trip to Ikea is looming in my future...

- Nothing I do in my life will possibly be as cool as anything Amos Oz did before he hit puberty. Seriously. Read his 'A Tale of Love and Darkness' and you'll get what I mean.

- Gadera (where my new job is located) is NOT 20 minutes away from Jerusalem. Averaging 1 1/2 hours there, 1 hour back. And it's humid as hell.

- Only in Israel would the security guard outside a trance party ask you to move across the road so the police wouldn't know that the party was still pumping at 5am. Surely the bass thundering through Jerusalem would be more of a tip off...

- Movies are just not as good without the music soundtrack. Can't Hardly Wait is a prime example. I really wish my DVD player didn't have a disease where it just cuts them out.

- I'm pretty sure I had a dream last night that involved trying to smuggle 2 kiwi fruits into Thailand.

- Roadsigns containing the word 'Gezer' are by far the most frequent things to be seen when driving around Emek Ayalon (the Ayalon Valley).

- Getting paid by the hour (and more on weekends) is HEAPS better than getting paid for 40 hours and working 80 every week.

- Wikipedia is my new favourite way to waste time on the internet. Closely followed by facebook of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BestBuy Electronics
BestBuy